Monday 7 July 2014

7July Gyeongpo Beach

 7July Gangneung Gyeongpo Beach (강릉 경포해변)

This is the biggest adventure so far in Korea, where I am 3 hours away from Seoul and omg.. I have come back alive!!! Taking a bus is always a huge problem when you don't understand Korean, when they can't understand English. However, I pushed through, wasted 5000 krw on an unnecessary bus ticket, but it was worth it. The learning experience. I would be lying if I say i was calm and understood what i was doing throughout the whole time. It was a challenge to use sign language to communicate, but I learnt patience and keep cool. I am very thankful for the bus driver in trying his best to communicate with me in English and delaying the bus trip just to find me.

Directions: Shown below
Bus fare to and fro: 31600krw , inclusive of 1000krw for the bus fare.
Things to take note:

There may be many soldiers on the bus but don't be alarmed that you are on the wrong bus to the army site.

The bus will stop at a bus terminal where passengers will get off for a toilet break or to purchase food, please return to the bus as soon as possible so that the driver can continue on its journey to the final bus terminal in Gyeongpo (it is not near Ganbnam subway station). From there, you can look for the information centre outside the terminal for more information or you can take bus 202 (at nearby bus stop without crossing the road) to the last station where everyone gets off or where the driver changes the sign '202' to '202-1'.









I reached the beach at around 6pm. It was a long 3 hours ride. The sky was still quite bright as the sun only set at around 8pm in Korea. Below was the beautiful sunset at Gyeungpo beach.






The bright lights that kept me and the ship safe


 The shadow I left on the sand at the beach that night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Hi, ask me any questions :)